Chimney Cleaning in DFW
If you are looking for a company that provides reliable chimney cleaning services, Black Velvet Chimney can help. We have been serving the greater DFW, area since 1989, and we’re proud to help our prevent fire damage to their homes and enjoy their fireplaces safely. There is no need to jeopardize your family's safety when help is just a phone call away.
A fireplace is a wonderful thing to have in your home. It can provide comfort and heat during cold weather and can also make your home decor look more polished and put-together. However, regular cleaning is important to make sure that your family's health and safety is not at risk. Neglecting to clean your fireplace and chimney can cause smoke to re enter your home and even create a fire hazard. Our company has the skills to clean or repair any fireplace to remove any blockages and buildup. Our enthusiastic, fully insured, experienced chimney sweeps use only state-of-the-art tools and equipment and our company is a current member of the National Chimney Sweeping Guild.
There is no time like the present to take advantage of the chimney cleaning services that Black Velvet Chimney provides. We take pride in providing exceptional service to DFW area residents while still maintaining high safety standards. Additionally, we can help file insurance claims and provide an inspection report after each cleaning. To schedule an appointment, call us today.
Chimney Safety Institute of America issues reminders on fireplace safety:
1. Get an annual chimney check. Have chimneys inspected annually, and cleaned as necessary, by a qualified professional chimney service technician. This reduces the risk of fires and carbon monoxide poisonings due to creosote buildup or obstructions in the chimneys.
2. Keep it clear. Keep tree branches and leaves at least 15 feet away from the top of the chimney.
3. Install a chimney cap to keep debris and animals out of the chimney.
4. Choose the right fuel. For burning firewood in wood stoves or fireplaces, choose well-seasoned wood that has been split for a minimum of six months - one year and stored in a covered and elevated location. Never burn Christmas trees, treated wood or wrapping paper in your fireplace or wood stove.
5. Build it right. Place firewood or fire logs at the rear of the fireplace on a supporting grate. To start the fire, use kindling or a commercial firefighter. Never use flammable liquids.
6. Keep the hearth area clear. Combustible material too close to the fireplace, or to a wood stove, could easily catch fire. Keep furniture at least 36” away from the hearth.
7. Use a fireplace screen. Use metal mesh or a screen in front of the fireplace to catch flying sparks that could ignite or burn holes in the carpet or flooring.
8. Install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Place detectors throughout the house and check batteries in the spring and fall. When you change your clocks for Daylight Savings Time, remember to check your batteries.
9. Never leave a fire unattended. Before turning in for the evening, be sure that the fire is fully extinguished. Supervise children and pets closely around wood stoves and fireplaces.
10. Discard ashes in a closed metal container and place it away from the house until they have fully cooled.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:|
Quality Service, very professional
We had a chimney fire back last winter. Needed to find someone to look at it. Saw one of the Black Velvet Chimney trucks while driving down the highway. Jotted the number down and gave them a call. Pete came out and cleaned and inspected the chimney with the camera. Showed us the damage and explained everything and went over all our options. We decided to have a stove insert installed. Discussed the different stoves and chose one to fit our needs. Very courteous, no pressure. He was prompt, neat and tidy in his work and the cost was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Black Velvet Chimney. Thanks Pete, job well done!
Black Velvet Chimney is now my only choice
First experience with Pete and BVC and I was not disappointed. Conducted a complete inspection inside and out, explained what he found and discussed what were the top priorities. No pressure or effort to generate sales, just an honest evaluation of the condition of the chimney. Pete is good at explaining things and the procedures & materials used if you so inclined and interested like me. It was a friendly yet professional experience and I'll use this company again. I thought the pricing was pushing the the top end but I'm 69 and that may be a factor. Overall, very pleased.